Walton Birch is an e-commerce consulting firm based in Marietta, GA that helps entrepreneurs and small businesses launch and grow their online presence. We are looking for a part-time e-commerce assistant to help build and manage websites by performing basic setup and edits. No experience is needed. The most important considerations are attention to detail and willingness and desire to learn how to manage websites.
As an Ecommerce Assistant you will:
- Help Walton Birch grow its client portfolio by supporting the speedy setup and build-out of client websites
- Help our clients maintain engagement on their websites by implementing proven marketing strategies such as SEO and content marketing
- Help our clients get the most out of their websites by monitoring website performance, troubleshooting minor issues, and creating training material that helps them manage operational aspects of their websites
You will gain key experience in ecommerce and marketing, and be better prepared for jobs in development, web design, marketing, or entrepreneurship. All candidates are encouraged to apply; however, this is designed to be a learning experience for entry level candidates.
- Perform basic setup and maintenance for ecommerce websites including uploading and tagging products, editing product descriptions, formatting website text, etc.
- Monitor key website metrics for signs of potential problems and perform basic troubleshooting including updating site information, opening support tickets, etc.
- Support the creation of new websites by obtaining and cataloging content and commercial-use assets
- Support Customer Success by creating “how-to” screen recordings of key website management tasks across multiple platforms.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic understanding of websites and marketing principles and techniques
- Familiarity with software and platforms for ecommerce and websites, Etsy, Shopify, WordPress, WooCommerce, Google Analytics
- Attention to detail and openness to feedback
- Passion for supporting entrepreneurs from underrepresented and historically excluded groups